LAWRENCE – The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences at the University of Kansas invites students to attend its new weekly lunch series focused on building a more inclusive campus.
The series, CLAS Time, offers all KU students a space for conversation, as well as a free lunch from Burrito King. The first lunch is scheduled from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 8, at Watson Library in the 3 West space. Students are welcome to come and go during the lunches as their schedules allow.
The CLAS Time lunches were developed by the Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences. In early fall 2016, the College introduced its plan for diversity, equity and inclusion. The plan outlines steps underway to contribute to a more representative, fair and successful place of learning for all students regardless of differences. CLAS Time lunches are unstructured settings that encourage students to engage with students, staff and faculty from across campus as well as learn about events and opportunities to become involved in efforts to build diverse, equitable and inclusive working and learning environments.
The lunches will continue weekly on Wednesdays through May 3, with the exception of March 22. Reminders will be posted in advance of each lunch on the College’s Twitter account. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-864-6955.
The CLAS Time lunch series is made possible by the generous support of several campus partners:
- Academic Achievement & Access Center
- Center for Sexuality & Gender Diversity
- College Council of Councils
- Counseling & Psychological Services
- Emily Taylor Center for Women & Gender Equity
- KU Libraries
- Office of First-Year Experience
- Office of Graduate Studies
- Office of International Programs
- Office of Institutional Opportunity & Access
- Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Office of the Provost – Academic Affairs
- Office of the Provost – Diversity & Equity
- Office of Student Affairs
- Office of Undergraduate Studies
- Sexual Assault Prevention & Education Center
- Spencer Museum of Art
- Student Involvement & Leadership Center
- Student Senate
- Student Veteran Center
- University Career Center
- Watkins Health Center
- Office of Admissions
- Office of Enrollment Management
The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences is the broadest, most diverse academic unit at KU. It is home to more than 50 departments, programs and centers, as well as the School of the Arts, School of Literatures, Languages & Cultures, and School of Public Affairs & Administration.